Probate and estate administration
The process of dealing with a deceased persons estate can be time-consuming and stressful.
There are a number of things involved:
- Finding the Will (if the deceased made a Will)
- Finding out what assets the deceased had
- Finding out what liabilities the deceased had
- Completing the relevant application forms for the local probate registry
- Swearing an affadavit at the probate registry
- Collecting in all assets (bank accounts, shares, insurances, pension benefits, property etc)
- Settling all bills, debts, and other liabilities
- Distributing the residue to the correct beneficiaries
- Preparing final estate accounts
Many people prefer to pass either all or part of this work to a firm who are experienced in this type of work. Benson~Williams can take on as much, or as little, of this work for you as you wish.
We operate on fixed fees, which are always quoted to you up front, and are not collected until all work is complete.
Using our service can provide peace of mind and take stress away during what is already a difficult time.